Articles, Thoughts, and Musings
- Green Lantern (2011)
- The first attempt to bring the Green Lanterns to the screen fizzled hard due to a host of reasons included a truly miscast Ryan Reynolds.
DC Extended Universe
- Justice League (DCEU 05)
- The production of Justice League was troubled, with original director Zack Snyder leaving part way in (for family reasons) and Joss Wheddon coming in to do extensive rewrites and re-edits. Although the final film is watchable, it's still not great in comparison to the filmic output of Marvel.
DC Animated Universe
- Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (DCAMU 00)
- Before we get to the new universe, we have to reboot away the old one. Or, in this case, several old ones as the current "Prime" continuity for this film is really an amalgamation of various versions of DC continuity that's come before. And then Flash goes back in time and ruins everything.
- Justice League: War (DCAMU 01)
- Now in a fresh, New 52-inspired continuity, we pick up with our favorite, familiar heroes as they set off on their first adventure together, a battle against the evil supervillain, Darkseid. Earth is doomed.
- Justice League: Throne of Atlantis (DCAMU 03)
- Introducing another new hero for the league, this movie gives us Arthur Curry, aka Aquaman, four years before a similar adventure would come out on the big screen.
- Justice League Dark (DCAMU 07)
- A magical threat pushes its way across the Earth, so Batman has to team with an expert in magic: John Constantine. It's time to form a new faction of the League.
- The Death of Superman (DCAMU 10)
- When a movie has a title like this, I think we all know what's coming. Based on the comic series of the same name, this film is only going to end one way, and it won't go well for our titular character.
- Reign of the Supermen (DCAMU 12)
- Spoiler: Superman probably comes back in this one. If that's a surprise, seriously, go read some comics.
- Justice League Dark: Apokolips War (DCAMU 15)
- And with this, the war that has been building over fifteen movies finally happens. And with it, DC ushers in an end to this continuity
- Injustice (2021)
- Superman suffers a terrible loss and suddenly decides its time to clean up the world, and the Justice League is split over what to do in this gory superhero tale.
- Justice League: The New Frontier
- It's time for a retro adventure as the Justice League goes back to the 1950s era to take on an evil new threat, the Center.
- Teen Titans Go! To the Movies
- The Titans are back, and this time on the big screen, as they take on Hollywood (and their own self respect) in this utterly bizarre, totally enjoyable, sometimes musical adventure.