- Scream (1996)
- Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson tackle the Slasher genre in this meta-take that adds humor, and a lot of scares.
- Scream 2
- This sequel ups the violence, and the kills, but starts to lose its perspective on the meta-commentary that actually drove the first film.
- Scream 3
- This third movie adds in some perspective on Hollywood, and brings the whole story of the series full circle, but doesn't really bring much new to the table.
- Scream 4
- A half-hearted attempt and relaunching the series, this fourth entry is less a legacy reminder of what works than an argument that the series should stay dead.
- Scream (2022)
- A relaunch that actually works, 2022's Scream is a legacy sequel that actually understands what worked in the original movie.
- Scream VI
- The survivors return for another bout of slasher horror, this time set in the big city where there are people all around and no one is safe.
- Neve Campbell Leaving the Series?: The producers of the series apparently didn't want to pay the lead acrtess of the series what she's worth. So who can blame her for leaving?
- Melissa Barrera Fired from Scream: After commenting on the Israel-Hammas conflict, lead actress was fired from the series, and this has left the seventh film in a tough spot.